Las Vegas is world famous as the Wedding Capital of the World, no matter where in the world you're from a Vegas Wedding is easy and fully legal everywhere.

What to Know Before You Go

  • Must be currently unmarried, over 18 years of age (under 18 must have parental consent)
  • Must have government issued identification (ID) with a photo, or a passport with a photo
  • Marriage License is good for one year
  • No waiting period of blood test requirement
  • LGBT Friendly
  • Yes, this IS a legal marriage recognized around the world

Already Married? Ask about a re-commitment ceremony.

Apply for a marriage license

  • Go to MLIC.Vegas
  • Both parties must complete their own information
  • Your names must exactly match the government issued photo ID's that you bring to the Marriage License Bureau
  • Check Spelling! These are the names that will appear on your marriage certificate
  • Save your confirmation number and bring to Marriage License Bureau

Pick up your marriage license

  • Go to Clark County Marriage License Bureau (together)
  • No appointment is necessary
  • Typically takes less than one hour (cost is $77)
  • Show clerk your confirmation number
  • Present your government issued photo ID's with proof of age
  • Verify your correct names and address

Say "I Do!"

  • Select a wedding chapel or wedding planner
  • Bring ALL of your paperwork with you to the ceremony
  • Express your true love and cry, just a little
  • The officiant will file your marriage certificate within ten days. If you need your copy earlier, discuss with your officiant

Proof of Marriage

  • Marriage certificates may be ordered online at MLIC.Vegas or picked up in person
  • If your country requires, you may order your Apostille from the state of Nevada at


Couples from outside the United States can be married in Las Vegas. Most countries will want a certified copy of your marriage certificate and an Apostille from the Nevada Secretary of State. The marriage certificate costs $10 and the Apostille costs $20. The Nevada Secretary of State can send the Apostille and certified marriage certificate copy directly to your government for you.