Las Vegas is world famous as the Wedding Capital of the World, no matter where in the world you're from a Vegas Wedding is easy and fully legal everywhere.
What to Know Before You Go
- Must be currently unmarried, over 18 years of age (under 18 must have parental consent)
- Must have government issued identification (ID) with a photo, or a passport with a photo
- Marriage License is good for one year
- No waiting period of blood test requirement
- LGBT Friendly
- Yes, this IS a legal marriage recognized around the world
Already Married? Ask about a re-commitment ceremony.
Apply for a marriage license
- Go to MLIC.Vegas
- Both parties must complete their own information
- Your names must exactly match the government issued photo ID's that you bring to the Marriage License Bureau
- Check Spelling! These are the names that will appear on your marriage certificate
- Save your confirmation number and bring to Marriage License Bureau
Pick up your marriage license
- Go to Clark County Marriage License Bureau (together)
- No appointment is necessary
- Typically takes less than one hour (cost is $77)
- Show clerk your confirmation number
- Present your government issued photo ID's with proof of age
- Verify your correct names and address
Say "I Do!"
- Select a wedding chapel or wedding planner
- Bring ALL of your paperwork with you to the ceremony
- Express your true love and cry, just a little
- The officiant will file your marriage certificate within ten days. If you need your copy earlier, discuss with your officiant
Proof of Marriage
- Marriage certificates may be ordered online at MLIC.Vegas or picked up in person
- If your country requires, you may order your Apostille from the state of Nevada at www.nvsos.gov
Couples from outside the United States can be married in Las Vegas. Most countries will want a certified copy of your marriage certificate and an Apostille from the Nevada Secretary of State. The marriage certificate costs $10 and the Apostille costs $20. The Nevada Secretary of State can send the Apostille and certified marriage certificate copy directly to your government for you.